There are a number of ways to prepare matcha tea but the traditional way is a must when you are first starting out. It immerses you into the spiritual and ritualistic aspect of matcha that dives deep into Japan’s history and culture and truly provides you with a unique matcha experience.
To prepare your matcha tea properly you need the right tools and a knowledge of how to use them correctly. The basic tools that you need are: a matcha bamboo whisk, a bamboo spoon, a sifter and a matcha bowl.
How to make Traditional Matcha Tea:
1. First, scoop the matcha powder into a sifter (we recommend about two bamboo scoops of matcha powder per bowl.)
2. Sift the matcha into the bowl
3. add about 2-4 ounces (75-100ml) of water and whisk until dissolved and frothy.
4. Serve in you favourite cup and enjoy!
Do you like cafe lattes? Then you will absolutely love Matcha Lattes! This modernised version of matcha tea has popped up the past few years in coffee shops all over the world. While traditional matcha is amazing on its own, turning it into a latte makes it even more approachable for everyone.
Enjoy your daily Matcha Latte with the plant based milk of your choice. Its good to know that matcha latte should not be made with cows milk because that cancels out its powerful antioxidant content.
How to make Matcha Latte:
-1 & 1/2 tsp Matcha
-1 tbsp hot water
-2 tsp maple syrup
-3/4 cup plant milk
1. Sift 1.5 teaspoons of Matcha powder into a cup.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of hot water and stir until smooth.
3. Stir in 2 teaspoons of maple syrup and add 3/4 cup hot plant milk and it’s ready to drink!
There is nothing better than a refreshing, delicious and healthy Iced Tea enjoyed on a sunny day! If you are a daily matcha drinker you might want to spice things up with this amazing drink!
Vanilla pairs perfectly with matcha creating a whole new matcha drink experience.
Sweet, aromatic and earthy this drink will become your new favorite!
How to make Matcha Vanilla Iced Tea
- 250ml Plant Milk
- 1 tsp matcha
- 1 tsp vanilla (sugar)
- Ice cubes
1.Add the plant milk, matcha, vanilla (sugar) and ice cubes in a bottle or blender.
2.Shake the bottle or blend it and enjoy this refreshing and energising drink.
Quick, easy, delicious and nutritious! What else could you ask for? This Matcha Iced Tea will satisfy your caffeine need as well as boost you with powerful detoxifying antioxidants!
On hot sunny day try this refreshing Matcha iced Tea!
How to make Matcha Iced Tea
- 7oz (200ml) of water or orange juice
- 1-2 grams (1 teaspoon) of Matcha
- Ice cubes
1. Mix the water or orange juice with Matcha.
2. Add ice cubes, sweeten if needed.
Ready for a fun and fresh twist on the classic orangade? Then this Matcha Orangade is for you!
Boost your matcha with extra vitamin C from orange and lemon juice and enjoy a tangy and sweet refreshing drink!
How to make Matcha Orangade:
- 200ml Water of Orange Juice
- 1 tsp Matcha
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- Ice Cubes
1.Mix 7oz (200ml) of water or orange juice with 1-2 grams (1 teaspoon) of Matcha and the juice of half a lemon.
2.Add ice cubes, sweeten if needed.
Have you tried a hot and cozy matcha cocoa? Perfect for a cold winter night!