- 1 Chia Egg*
- 70g white sugar
- 70g vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 80 g flour (all-purpose)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp hemp protein powder - 1/4 tsp salt - 30g white chocolate (chopped)
- 25 g roasted hazelnuts (chopped)
- 25g white chocolate
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
1. Prepare your chia egg by combining 3 tbsp of boiling water with 1 tbsp chia seeds to make a chia egg. Stir very well and set aside for later.
2. Melt the butter. Pour melted butter into a bowl and add in the sugar. Stir well until the mixture thickens slightly and sugar has partly dissolved.
3. Add the vanilla and chia egg to the butter mixture and stir.
4. Sift in the flour, baking powder, matcha powder, corn starch, hemp protein, and salt. Stir with a spatula until combined.
5. Chop your hazelnuts and white chocolate and fold into the matcha cookie dough.
6. Cover your bowl with clingfilm, put it into the fridge, and let the dough rest for at least an hour.
7. After an hour, form 8 equal balls and place on a baking tray.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 180°C (fan oven) and let cool on a baking tray.
9. For the topping: Melt white chocolate, add coconut oil, and store to combine. Drizzle over cookies and let cool